WhatsApp is the most popular messaging service with nearly 2 billion active users as of 2020. This app has gained popularity across the world as it allows users to instantly send messages to anywhere in the world, Moreover, it’s free and easy to use.
In January 2015, WhatsApp introduced the WhatsApp web—a feature that extends the features of the application to the desktop. Basically, WhatsApp web syncs with the mobile app to let you use the app within your web browser. You can instantly send and receive messages, voice calls, and video calls over an internet connection. This feature offers users a simple way to keep up to date with their WhatsApp messages throughout the day. Any action you perform on your smartphone will apply to WhatsApp web PC and vice versa. All you need to use WhatsApp web is an updated latest version of WhatsApp PC on your phone, a smartphone with a working rear camera, a desktop computer or laptop with a modern web browser, and an internet connection, The WhatsApp web PC version has the same visual interface as the smartphone app and works in pretty much the same way.
WhatsApp web PC is an attractive solution as it is easy to set up and use. Besides, it’s free to use and can be set up in simple steps. The web version gives you all the features of the smartphone app, with the convenience of a bigger keyboard for typing and a larger display for better user experience.
How does WhatsApp Web Work?
WhatsApp web PC uses your phone to connect and send and receive messages. This means you cannot use the web version without the mobile app. The web version is basically a mirror of the mobile app. If you receive a message on your phone, you’ll see it on WhatsApp Web PC. Your web session will stay active provided your phone has an internet connection. This also means that the web version uses your phone’s data connection to send and receive messages. If your phone doesn’t have an internet connection or it’s switched off, you won’t be able to send or receive messages on WhatsApp web PC.
How to use WhatsApp web PC
To use WhatsApp for web PC, navigate to web.whatsapp.com on your laptop, PC, or tablet browser.
On your Android smartphone, open WhatsApp PC and tap the three vertical dots on the top right corner and choose WhatsApp Web. Simply tap the CHATs tab>More options>WhatsApp Web.
If you’re using an iPhone, start WhatsApp PC, tap the settings icon and choose WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
You should see a WhatsApp web QR code on your web browser which you’ll scan with your phone camera. Tap the + icon at the top right corner to launch your camera. Point your phone camera at the WhatsApp web QR code to scan it.
WhatsApp web PC will open in your browser and will remain active until you log out either from your phone or computer. The app will pull up all of your conversations, and you’ll be able to send and receive messages as you would on the smartphone app. You’ll also be able to perform many other actions, such as updating your profile and starting new groups.
NOTE: You can only be logged into one session at a time on WhatsApp web PC.
To log out, tap on the vertical three dots above the chats list on the left-hand side of the screen.
What you can do with WhatsApp web PC
- Access media on your PC or download media directly to your PC.
- Start a new conversation with any contact on your phonebook, view contact information, start a new group chat, and search for existing conversations.
- Share media (photos, videos, emojis, stickers, GIFs, and more) with your contacts
- View WhatsApp status updates
- Change your profile
- Use your keyboard to type and keyboard shortcuts to perform actions like delete. This makes your typing fast and efficient.
What you can’t do with WhatsApp web
- You cannot send a WhatsApp broadcast.
- You cannot make or receive voice calls or video calls through PC.
- You cannot post a new WhatsApp status.
- You cannot share your current location.
What are the advantages of WhatsApp web PC?
- It guarantees secured connection as users can log in on the web version by scanning the WhatsApp web QR code with their phone camera. So there’s no username or password which can be compromised.
- In addition to the bigger display on your laptop, PC, or tablet browser, you’ll have a big keyboard for typing. This benefit comes in handy if you’re a real chat addict and you want to have a better chat experience. Unlike the smartphone app, WhatsApp PC reduces the likelihood of making grammatical and orthographic errors.
- The WhatsApp web version gives you more storage size compared to the smartphone app. It’s also easier to send larger files on the web version than it is on the WhatsApp app for smartphones. Moreover, you can easily upload files using the drag and drop style.
- There are no compatibility issues as it runs in all modern browsers.
- You can remotely log out of your active sessions.
- There’s no double usage of memory when downloading files.
- No need to download the app or other extensions on your PC.
- You can receive direct notifications on your computer screen.
Another good thing about WhatsApp web PC is that you can use multiple accounts on the same computer. If you have two numbers associated with different WhatsApp accounts, you can open the WhatsApp web in two different browsers. WhatsApp web offers ultimate convenience, especially when you’re engaging in long conversions with someone. This helps you to save time when you’re chatting with several contacts.