WhatsApp is now a very popular social app having millions of active users all over the world. They use this for instant messaging, recorded voice messages, video calls, etc. Because of cross-platform nature and expanded set of features WhatsApp web is now synonymous with mobility. Using WhatsApp through a Smartphone is pretty easy. But what happens if we try to use it in PC or Mac? Let’s see!
How To Using WhatsApp on Desktop
One can use WhatsApp in a computer with web.whatsapp.com. For this, you will need to scan the WhatsApp web QR code. Once your PC is linked with your Smartphone, this will synchronize all WhatsApp functions on the desktop. You will also need to have a Wi-Fi network. Once done, any real-time, sent, or received, messages will be displayed on both devices.
Making video calls with WhatsApp web on desktop
But, if you have a mind to make video calls using WhatsApp web on Mac or Windows, it is not possible. WhatsApp online is a mobile interface. While it has many features for improved user experience, video call provision is still not there. The same is also true for the Windows or Mac applications. They also do not have audio or video calling features.
The only way to fool the system is to use an online Android emulator. Many of them are available for free. This will enable the WhatsApp web of the system for video calling.
How to make video calls on the WhatsApp web on laptops or computers?
Since it is not possible to use the WhatsApp web directly on a laptop or computer, you have to install an Android emulator. This helps to create virtual Android devices with the software and hardware of the computer for enjoying WhatsApp web calling on PC.
While there are several Android emulators, BlueStacks happens to be very popular. This is why it is considered in this write up. Downloading Blue Stack4 on Windows or Mac is very easy. You can do it through the following steps:
- Download the setup file of the emulator on your system and launch it. Now click on the “Install Now” button.
- BlueStacks 4 will extract all the files from needed form the server and install the application. The installation will take a few minutes. As soon as the installation is complete a screenshot will appear showing “Complete”.
- Next, launch the desktop application of BlueStacks 4 on your Mac or Windows. You will be required to sign in with your Google credentials including to continue the process. This may take a while.
- At this stage, BlueStacks 4 will link your Google account and fetch all the details relevant to the app. Once the app is launched, just go to the search bar (or Play Store) and look for WhatsApp. There will be a new screenshot of BlueStacks Home. Now, go to the search bar or Play Store and look for WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp details will appear on the screen with the “INSTALL” button. Click it and agree to the terms and conditions.
- WhatsApp PC will be installed on your computer or the laptop within practically no time. There will also be a display of the BlueStacks account. Launch and do the initial setup entering the credentials linked to your account.
- You are through now! Now it is possible to access WhatsApp on your system and your existing contacts will be automatically retrieved. It will also allow you to add new contacts manually.
- Go to any contact for chatting and click the video calling button. Also, grant the WhatsApp web PC application for accessing the camera and microphone of the desktop or laptop to complete the process.
Other WhatsApp web video calling option
BlueStacks is not the only Android emulator. There are several other options. Nox Player is one such. It can download and install this in your Windows or Mac through few clicks like BlueStacks and use it with your Google identification. This also yields very good video calling.
Keeping Backup of WhatsApp Chats
There is a general complaint that people lose their WhatsApp web video call Mac or windows data. This can be avoided by using the MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer. This needs just a click to keep a backup of the WhatsApp data on the system. You can transfer and backup messages, photos, videos, and attachments. This is very efficient and works with both Android and iPhone. You can also restore data from one device to another using this.
This post is only informative giving insights on using WhatsApp web for video calling in PC or Mac. This may yield compatibility problems in some cases. One must also protect the computer with a password for preventing others from seeing conversations.